AppKiwi - Download Mobile Apps on PC & Mac
Libby, by OverDrive on PC/Mac
Author: OverDrive, Inc.
OS: Windows, OS X, 4.4 +
About Libby, by OverDrive
Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
• Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab
Libby is the brand new app from OverDrive. We're trying to simplify and bring joy to every aspect of digital borrowing and reading. If you love it, you can use it instead of the OverDrive app. If you don't love it yet, feel free to keep using the OverDrive app, but check in on Libby from time to time — we're adding features and squashing bugs every day.
Recent Updates - Version 2.0.0
- This release introduces some nice refinements:
* Updates to Android Auto—you can now switch between audiobook loans in Auto
* We have richer support for all kinds of screen sizes, notches, cutouts, and curlicues
* Better handling for accessibility settings, like font sizing and color inversion
* Universal links—you can link directly in the app with a URL like https://libbyapp.com/shelf/loans
* A rebuilt approach to recovering from audio playback errors
* Many minor UI improvements and bug fixes
How To Download & Play:
1. Download & Install AppKiwi
2. Download Libby, by OverDrive APK
3. Launch from APK Library