AppKiwi - Download Mobile Apps on PC & Mac
USB Media Explorer on PC/Mac
Author: Homesoft, LLC
OS: Windows, OS X, 5.0 +
About USB Media Explorer
- Flash/Pen Drives
- Card Readers
- Hard Drives2
- Other Android devices4
- MTP/UMS audio players5
- Some DVD drives6
Additional Hardware Requirements:
- Connecting most devices will require a microUSB OTG cable or USB C to USB adapter. These are available from most major retail websites.
1. Video and audio formats not natively supported by Android (AVI, Dolby, DTS, WMV) may require a third party player like VLC.
2. Hard drives require considerable power and may require an external power source, like a powered USB hub.
3. Only cameras with storage are supported. Live image devices like endoscopes and webcams are not supported.
4. To access another Android device, put the target device in MTP/File Transfer Mode.
5. Most “i” devices use a proprietary protocol. These are NOT supported.
6. Only DVD drives that support AV Connect mode or similar are supported. See your DVD drive manual. Commercial DVDs are not supported.
- If you have an issue, you can tap "Homesoft" from the About screen for email support. I read and reply to reviews, but due to their one way nature, it’s difficult to resolve issues. If you have a support request, please include the Android device you are using, the USB device you are trying to use and a description of the problem.
Recent Updates - Version 10.6.3
- Direct File Access
- Video Player Fixes
- Bug Fixes
-Android R Fixes
-Better UMS Recovery
-Canon CR3 support
-Select Range Menu
-Launch play list
-Split screen for photos and files
-Keyboard support (Arrows, Del, Ctrl-C)
-- Always Launch Videos
-- Photo High Quality Mode
-New Modern Interface
-Integrated Video Player
-Support for cameras and other Android devices (MTP)
-Write support for NTFS
-Share (Save) to UME
How To Download & Play:
1. Download & Install AppKiwi
2. Download USB Media Explorer APK
3. Launch from APK Library