AppKiwi - Download Mobile Apps on PC & Mac
Patrouille des Glaciers – PdG
About Patrouille des Glaciers – PdG
In just a few weeks, a new chapter of the “Patrouille des Glaciers” legend will be written.
The app contains all the important information, an interactive map and news on the event and the teams.
The completely revised PDG map allows you to follow your favourite team every step of the way and view all the rankings for the different routes and categories.
OVERVIEW OF FUNCTIONS
- A completely new and interactive Patrouille des Glaciers map with the option of following multiple teams
- Explore checkpoints on the route
- Team list with all participants in the race
- Rankings for the different routes and categories
- The latest PDG news from the race organisers, ensuring that you always receive the latest info direct to your smartphone.
- Information about the race, its history and the PDG course
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE PDG
Did you know the “Patrouille des Glaciers” is the biggest ski mountaineering race in the world and was first held in April 1943?
It was originally devised and planned by the two army captains Rodolphe Tissières and Roger Bonvin of the Swiss Mountain Brigade 10 to test and improve the troops’ operational ability as part of mobilisation prior to the Second World War.
It is open to military and civil patrols of three athletes each, with mixed gender patrols also allowed.
The PDG is organised by the Swiss Army and supported by strong partners including Swisscom.
THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST TEAM COMPETITION!
The course goes from Zermatt to Verbier (Course Z, 53 km) or from Arolla to Verbier (Course A, 26 km) and must be completed in a single stage as a team.
This unique team competition is characterised by the length of the route, the demands of the Alpine terrain, the altitude and the profile of the route.
Good preparation and a cautious approach are very important in the mountains, both in training and during the competition itself.
Safety is always the top priority, especially given the very difficult conditions in the Swiss Alps.
The latest avalanche bulletins and information on the snow situation can be found at www.slf.ch.
Thanks to the Patrouille des Glaciers app, however, you can skip the preparations follow the trials and tribulations of the Patrouille.
We hope you enjoy the app and look forward to receiving your feedback.
DOWNLOAD IT NOW AND FOLLOW THE ACTION LIVE!
Recent Updates - Version 5.4.5
- We thank you very much and look forward to the next event in spring 2024. With this version we are improving a few errors that we discovered last week.
How To Download & Play:
1. Download & Install AppKiwi
2. Download Patrouille des Glaciers – PdG APK
3. Launch from APK Library