AppKiwi - Download Mobile Apps on PC & Mac
OpenWHO: Knowledge for Health Emergencies on PC/Mac
Author: HPI Knowledge Engineering Team
OS: Windows, OS X, 5.0 +
About OpenWHO: Knowledge for Health Emergencies
With OpenWHO, you have the flexibility to learn at your convenience. Watch the short video lectures and test your knowledge with self-tests when and where you like. The course forum and the collaboration space allow you to get in touch with other participants and experts around the world.
Designed primarily for health care workers, frontline responders, and decision-makers, the app is also a source of information for those affected by disease outbreaks and health emergencies, or for those with a general interest in WHO's work in health emergencies.
It features 6 channels:
- The Outbreak channel addresses the management of infectious diseases and provides life-saving, scientific information.
- The Ready for Response channel helps prepare personnel who are training for deployment to work in disease outbreaks and health emergencies.
- The Get Social channel focuses on social science-based interventions and helps to communicate with affected communities.
- The Preparing for Pandemics channel brings together courses on various aspects of preparedness, including surveillance, public health measures and risk communication during a pandemic.
- The COVID-19 channel provides learning resources in WHO's 6 official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) for health professionals, decision-makers and the public for the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- The COVID-19 National Languages channel provides the same learning resources as the COVID-19 channel but in national languages, such as Indonesian, Japanese and Portuguese.
OpenWHO courses are available in many languages, including WHO's 6 official languages.
Download the app now, and join the OpenWHO community.
This app is developed in cooperation between the Hasso Plattner Institute and the WHO. The learning content is provided exclusively by the WHO.
Recent Updates - Version 3.5
- - Continue learning from home screen with app shortcuts
- Improve the course language filter
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
How To Download & Play:
1. Download & Install AppKiwi
2. Download OpenWHO: Knowledge for Health Emergencies APK
3. Launch from APK Library